Friday, May 22, 2009

Technical Memory


Being a fresher, I'm waiting for a call from my company. Meanwhile, I thought I could develop my skills, be it reading for certification exam or develop my inter-personal skills or develop a hobby like origami, or even improve my memory(PP who know me better know that I'm not very good at remembering)... So, just start ted exploring ways of doing it. And I'm keeping a note of what I do. Just 2 days back, I went to British Council library and got a book to improve my memory.. It is awesome, it is working and I can already feel the difference... So, just thought I could share some of my experiences and techniques with you...

The first thing I learnt is every human brain is capable of remembering everything, if we train it to do so. As most of you people must be knowing, the left side of the cortex processes the following:
logic
words
lists
number
sequence
linearity
analysis
Similarly, the right side of the cortex processes the following mental functions:
rhythm
imagination
daydreaming
colour
dimension
spatial awareness
Gestalt(whole picture)
So, it seems that the left side of the brain is actively involved in memory. For those of you who believe that, it's the wrong point. A person can remember much more if we train the left and right side of the brain to work together.

The two underlying principles for an extended and a perfect memory are:
imagination
association
Simple, isn't it... In the further posts, I'll write about some of the techniques about improving memory. Till then keep imagining (in the wildest way possible) and keep associating(everything and anything with everything else..;))...

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=6ed59ec187efe49759ed34056ce3daab ss_blog_claim=6ed59ec187efe49759ed34056ce3daab